Why Learn SIP Abacus Program?
Naturally, children have vast potentials of energy and brain power. But most of them do not know how to use their mind in the right way and thus fail to realize their hidden capabilities. Nowadays, students use electronic calculators to work out even simple sums because they are not prepared, or have grown too lazy, to use their brains properly. The same trend is also seen clearly in all other subjects. If such habits are allowed to continue, they will forever have to depend on other means to accomplish their basic learning needs, rather than efficiently solve problems through their own mental agility. But way ahead of the competition, the Abacus Program breaks through such traditional obstacles and exceeds expectations every time!
Qualities We Need in Our New Generation!
Our new generation needs to possess the following qualities if they wish to excel in their professional as well as social lives:
- Analytical Power
- Listening & Understanding
- Speed & Accuracy
- Memory Power
- Thinking skills
When all the above qualities are developed and work together in harmony, the student will become vivid, independent, intelligent, consistent, confident, capable and persevering to advance and deal with all life’s future challenges that await them. In fact, the young learner will be cleverly equipped with an entirely new holistic perspective on life itself!
How Can We Enhance Both Parts of the Brain Simultaneously?
Answer: With the Abacus !
Abacus is a Latin word that has its origins in the Greek words, ‘abax’ or ‘abakon’ meaning ‘table’ or ‘tablet.’ The Abacus is a specialized mathematical instrument; a manual calculator invented by Chinese teachers over 2000 years ago. Using the Abacus, children can do arithmetic calculations without using an electronic calculator, thereby enhancing their all-round developmental abilities.
Brilliantly versatile as it is, there are certain procedures and training methodologies to learn to use the Abacus properly. When children use BOTH hands to move the beads to work out simple and complex arithmetic calculations, there is almost instant communication between the hands and the brain. This in turn greatly stimulates the brain cells thereby enabling the child to achieve fast, balanced and whole brain development. This in turn contributes to our overall holistic principle of child education.
Many thousands of years ago, people did not understand the concept of numbers so they started using tangible things such as pebbles, coins and beads for calculation. This eventually led to the amazing invention of the Abacus. And over 2000 years of history is indisputable proof that the Abacus indeed continues to be an outstanding success as one of the greatest inventions of human civilization!
Valuable Benefits of Mastering the Abacus
- Fosters a greater sense in overcoming phobias of numbers
- Helps develop an intuitive understanding of numbers through their semi-concrete representation on the Abacus (similar to Roman numerals)
- Fosters one's trust in the process of calculation by enabling one to observe it directly in action
- Manifests the concept of place values and the progression of unit places of tens, hundreds and thousands physically
- Instantly accomplishes calculating proficiency in the mathematical processes of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division through the manipulation of numbers on the Abacus
- Improves understanding of compounded numbers through the use of supplementary numbers for 5 and 10
- Helps greatly in developing the beneficial qualities of increased concentration spans, patience and perseverance
- Enhances confidence in all forms of mathematical calculations
- Develops mental, visual and audio skills in the calculating process
- Develops the right brain potentials to achieve higher results
- Leads to more productive and holistic mental capacity
- Expresses large numbers simply and easily
- Provides a sense of personal achievement as one’s proficiency improves
- Contributes to overall growth and wisdom